Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mason jar pin cushion and bead straight pins

I saw this GREAT tutorial on One Pretty Thing a while ago and thought I would make some Christmas presents. The two things I did different were to use fabric glue to attach the lid instead of hot glue and cut my paper circle underneath a little bit smaller than the lid so it would fit down on the jar easier. Thanks Suzanne for a WONDERFUL and inexpensive idea!

I wanted some FANCY straight pins to add to this cute jar so I glued some cute beads to the pins.

6 comments:

  1. HI Heather! Your Pin Cushion jar is too darn cute. Did you make the decorative pins yourself? I love them, too.
    Have a Happy 2010,
    Suzanne in TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne! Yes, I did make the decorative pins. I used pins with heads and thread decorative beads onto the pin and used E6000 glue to secure them into place. Thank you for the compliment!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Heather..I didn't know you had a blog with such great crafts. I am going to make this one for my sister, she is a seamstress and will enjoy this ..THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you make one? How did it turn out? ;-)

      Delete
  3. What a great way to store a finished pin!

    ReplyDelete